• Name of the Trade DRAUGHTSMAN CIVIL (Engineering Trade)
• N.C.O. Code No. 030.20
• Duration of Training Two Years (FOUR semesters of six Months each)
• Entry Qualification 10th class Passed
• Unit Strength 26 Trainees (Two Batches-each batch of 26 Trainees)
Options for employment are :
Employment opportunities for trainee from this trade as Draftsman, Surveyor and Land Surveyor shall be available in Central & State Government Departments. in Railways, C.P.W.D. Military, TCP, P.D.A., P.W.D., HUDA, Housing Board, Land Survey and public health engineering department. Private sector opportunities shall be as Draftsman, Construction Supervisor with Architect, Civil Engineer, and Civil Contractor, Builders.
Options for self-employment are :
The Trainee shall be able to independently undertake planning, drawing, estimation & costing and supervision of civil construction work. He can set up his own office for above work and also to supply Civil Construction materials
At the end of course the Trainees should be able to :
• Use and maintain in good condition- drawing instruments, planimeter, slide rule .survey instruments, auto level , digital theodolite , total station, GPS, computer & draft software, plotter & printer etc.
• Plan and draw in residential buildings from given data
• Prepare working drawings of all types of buildings from line sketches in CAD
• Planning, drawing, estimating, and costing of civil work. Drawing plans by using CAD. Making of 3D models of civil work. Giving setting out 0f site, supervision of civil work etc.
• Prepare proposals for drainages and water supply for a given building including preparation of detailed drawings.
• Plot the longitudinal section and cross-section for a proposed road and calculate the earth work and materials for road work.
• Draw the parts of R.C.C. structures and steel sections. Prepare working drawing of R.C.C. structures from given field data
• Draw from sketches or specifications various types and cross-section of roads culverts, bridges Railways & irrigation structures in CAD
• Carry out the surveying by using latest equipments.(Auto level, Digital theodolite, Total station, GPS )